Sunday, 17 March 2019

2019 Wk 10 & 11 - a bit of a catch up

Just a quick whiz through some photos from the last two weeks, then we'll see what I've been up to!

I've been stitching patches for people who join the Windsor Homeless project sleep out in a few weeks time - and stitched the design straight onto a sweatshirt for myself and other colleagues who are doing the Sleep Out (if you are able to sponsor us the link is https://mydonate.bt.com/fundraisers/bentahickley2019
Many thanks to those who already have!


The pile of EPP plus blocks is growing (another 27 to go!)

And the girls at Crafty Church wanted to make reversible tote bags  . . . so they did - not bad for 10 and 8 year olds!!!


 And I made myself a linen dress!  I love the colour - just need some warm weather to wear it now


Pocket and hem trim in this beautiful print.

Richmond and Kew saw a couple of charity quilts being made.  These blocks were made with some fabric from a FQ bundle and other fabrics added - everyone made a block - some great variations!

 And these are string blocks made using flip and stitch onto a square from an A4 sheet (so paper foundation).  Lovely cheerful blocks

And finally my friend Linda finished a quilt made from blocks we cut from her late Dad's shirts - it's brilliant, well done Linda!

Sunday, 3 March 2019

2019 Wk 9 - Flowers, flowers and more flowers

The village is looking really pretty - volunteers were out a few weeks ago picking up litter and the daffodils are out (as was the sunshine on the day I took the photo!)


I spent the service in church today making felt flowers ready for Mothering Sunday (I did listen to the sermon too!!!)


And the lovely Chertsey Museum ladies mostly used flowers as a theme for an applique wall hanging


I've been getting ready for a long flight coming up soon - I need hand sewing for the flight so I have prepared LOTS of hexi flowers.  

I wanted a small pouch to hold them, and the finished flowers, and the sewing kit and thread, so I used a leg from a donated pair of jeans, and an arm from a donated shirt and I used the hexi needle case as a template to make a drawstring bag

I didn't use any interfacing, but the denim was sturdy enough to stand up and the shirt was soft enough to flop down, and the whole lot is squishy enough to fit in any bag I take for hand luggage.  Even the ribbon arrived wrapped around some fabric so it's completely recycled.  The base is hexagonal but it looks more circular.  

I reckon by the time I've made and added all the prepared flowers this will be a completed flimsy

 And not flower related . . . after the stress of making Dalwyn's last stole he came up with a much improved plan!  He *bought* a stole (for £10!) and I embroidered on it - he didn't even need me to take it apart as he reckoned the back was neat enough even if it did show - so that's all done!