Sunday, 14 April 2019

2019 Wk 15 - Playdate with Sharon

 Saturday playdate with this lovely lady!

We put the world to rights (of course!) had plenty of coffee, rethreaded the overlocker, cut a quilt for her and speed-dated one for me!

What a way to spend a Saturday!

Sharon has great ambitions for her **SECOND** ever quilt (this was the first)  She has pieced a rainbow jelly roll as the front (like this but this is from Pinterest as I forgot to get a pic of hers) but then wanted to make a fractured heart for the back.  The pattern was for 2" or 5" squares but we went for 2.5" squares.  We had to lay it out in 2 halves

but then used a bit of photo trickery to sort of join them - isn't it going to be awesome!!!!  I think I want to make one too!!!

For my project we layed out the EPP plus blocks on her spare bed, and I now just need 15 squares to fill in the gaps and then I'm ready to put them away and ignore them for a while start sewing them together

I have been sewing these starred hexies together, but they don't look any different

And I am all caught up on my Temperature Project.  A warm blip is shown by a map of the state of Texas and TX

And the other half - I'm loving the texture of it!

This was the walk to church this morning - isn't the cherry blossom beautiful!!!

And we (the sleepout) was in the local papers!!!!

Sunday, 7 April 2019

2019 Wk 14 Chertsey Friday

For a change I wasn't teaching at Chertsey on Friday - I was one of the students instead!

Marion who does these lovely landscape weavingings lead the class instread

She warped the frames for us and we learned pigtail knots, ane which way to weave depending on right or left handedness and how to meet and greet one colour to another horizontally, and how to wrap a length of wool to make it easy to weave.  Thank you Marion!  We didn't get far on the day but I'm looking forward to seeing them next month for show and tell





And speaking of show and tell, here are some finished or nearly finished wall hangings from last month

After that, I went on to sleep out!!  Taking part in a fundraising event for Windsor Homeless Project

My bloggy friends have been really generous in sponsoring me - thank you all VERY VERY much xxxxx